Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Miss America Bound!


Vegas, Vegas here I come!  I can't believe that I am saying this yet again, but it's finally here!  All of the work I've done in the last four years has paid off because tomorrow morning I will board the plane that takes me to Las Vegas where I will compete for the title of Miss America 2012!  A goal I set three years ago, and it's finally here.  

I have been blessed with prayers, cards, thoughts and support all over the country and couldn't be happier.  I can feel the support on me and I know that I am being lifted up in prayers each day.  Today, I was reminded that God has a plan for me.  No matter what the outcome next weekend, God has a plan for me.  I will wait anxiously (I wish I knew how to wait patiently) for whatever is to come for me but with each moment I will cherish the feelings, the surroundings and the people.  God has given me people each step of life and I do not doubt that he will continue to do so.  There are doors for me to open and I am ready to turn the knobs and see what is waiting for me.  

I want to thank each of you who have been praying for me everyday and ask that you continue your prayers.  For my travels tomorrow, my health all week, my strength, my faith and myself.  I want to be myself every single moment of everyday while I am in Las Vegas.  I walked into Miss Nebraska this year with the full intent to be 'me' the entire time and I was, and that is my goal this time around.  God made me just the way I am and I want to share that woman, not one that someone wants me to be or someone thinks I am, I will be Kayla May Batt.  

As I am sitting in bed tonight, I am at peace.  There is a calming sense above me that I hope will stay with me each day in Las Vegas.  I couldn't be more thankful.  It may seem like a repetitive thing for me to say, but I mean it from the bottom of my heart.  I couldn't ask for anything more than what I've been given.  

I will try to keep updates as often as I can (or when I can stay awake).  I know you will all be watching January 14th live on ABC!

I pray for peace to be on me everyday and that I trust God with each breathe I take.  He is my guide and rock.

For those of you coming to Vegas, see you next week!

Love, 
Kayla
Miss Nebraska

"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'" Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment