Thursday, June 23, 2011

1st day home in Lincoln as Miss Nebraska!

Abby's so happy to see me!
After the whirlwind of winning and jumping right into the job of Miss Nebraska I finally got to make a trip back home and as you can tell, my friends were happy to see me!  I stopped into work to visit all my babies and my coworkers to find a giant sign with congrats all over it and signed by all the kids at daycare!  It was a little bit of a tear jerker.  I decided that while I was home I should have a little fun, so a few friends and I went bowling!  As you'll see in the next photo, I started off doing fairly well for myself in the first game.  By the third game...well we really don't need to go over that do we.  


This is how I started out bowling #winning
I was doing well though and most of you would probably laugh if you saw me bowling because I go a little "granny style" and normally it works like a charm.  As the night went on...my charm faded.  It was great to be back in Lincoln though with my friends.  I got to talk to them about all the perks of Miss Nebraska, what I'd done so far and what I have in store for me in the next couple months.  It felt really great to be in the presence of those who've stood behind me on this dream for such a long time, who've watched me fail and try again.  I am so glad to have such great friends and look forward to the time we get this year.


Joel and I
So very thankful,
Kayla
Miss Nebraska 

"Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful."  Colossians 4:2

No comments:

Post a Comment