Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Nebraskaland Days Kiddy Parade and Family Night!

Walking in the costume parade Monday morning.

Here I am to play a little bit of catch up on my last couple of weeks!  I jumped right into the job of Miss Nebraska with the kiddy costume parade Monday morning.  It was a bit rainy and windy, but what's a little frizz in the hair?  It was great seeing all of the Miss Nebraska little sisters and they welcomed me with claps, cheers and shouts of  "KAYLA!!"  I must say, I don't mind that at all.  It was only a short walk in my heels then many autographs and pictures.  I had such a great time talking to all the kids as well as meeting the rodeo queens.


I even found a future Miss Nebraska!  She thought that my sash was prettier than hers but I thought she played the part very well.  She told me her favorite color was pink and liked to wear her crown at home when she was playing.  I also found a Miss Nebraska 2012...my successor?  


MRN Becky Grimm, me, MTRN Shelby Peters, MNOT Brooke Ludemann, MRA  McKenzie  Haley

Becky Grimm and I, representing Omaha :)
After the parade and lunch Jay and I rode down to Spady's to pick up my new car!!  It's quite a change for me moving from my Toyota Camry, V6 engine, Bernice, to a Chevy Aveo, 4 Cylinder who has yet to be named.  We are working on our relationship right now and until I get a great feel for him (I think it's a boy) I won't name it anything.  I am most definitely open for suggestions though.  I am so pleased to be able to have a new car (with a CD player, that's a first) provided by the Spady family dealership.  They are a great bunch of people and I'm eager to get to know the rest of the clan across Nebraska.

Mr. Bob Spady and I with my new car!
After picking up my little car I met with the Engels for supper before heading out to family night at the arena.  I was welcomed by this friendly moose, who broke all rules of mascots and revealed his face to me and spoke!  Rance would never do such a thing!  It was great running into new friends and supporters.  There was a group of singers from Nebraska Chrisian College that were AMAZING!  They had some great worship songs and awesome voices.  After that there was a little surprise from Roy Helu Jr., where he shared his testimony with the crowd and was very welcomed.


This is Bean and Bailey the duo comedians from Tennessee.  They snatched me before the show to get a picture and then even gave a little shout out on stage.  They had some great acts with Elvis and Micheal Jackson and even Christmas songs!  And of course what's a trip to the fairgrounds without funnel cake!  We indulged just a little bit, and it felt so good!

Bean and Bailey-comedians from Tennessee.


Official 2nd day of my new job was a success.  I will definitely get used to this.  Thank you for the support and prayers!

Kayla
Miss Nebraska

"Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him show it by his good life, by deeds done in the humility that comes from wisdom.  But if you harbor bitter envy and selfish ambition in your hearts, do not boast about it or deny the truth.  Such "wisdom" does not come down from heaven but is earthly, unspiritual, of the devil.  For where you have envy and selfish ambition,there you find disorder and every evil practice.  But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere.  Peacemakers who sow in peace raise a harvest of righteousness."  James 3:13-18

No comments:

Post a Comment