Sunday, October 9, 2011

CMNHospital Fundraiser in Columbus


On Thursday I made my way through the 53mph winds to Columbus, Nebraska to help raise money for the Children's Miracle Network Hospital in Omaha.  I had the pleasure of working with some wonderful volunteers and see many goals achieved!  


I even had the pleasure of meeting a family who had spent many weeks at the children's hospital when their son Andrew was diagnosed with cancer.  They had nothing but praise to say about the hospital and the staff that had been there for them when they most needed it.  Thankfully, Andrew is cancer free and has an 80% chance of staying cancer free!  He is the little boy in his mom's arms below in the red...he was just a little shy.


I truly love my job,
Kayla
Miss Nebraska

No comments:

Post a Comment