Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Miss Chadron/Northwest Pageant

Jessica Littlejohn, Miss Chadron & Monica DelaCruz, Miss Northwest

After spending the day in Chadron helping here and there, and watching the Huskers get beat by Northwestern, I was ready for the pageant to begin!  I had the honor of emceeing with the wonderful Mariah Cook and we had an exciting night!  It started with some jokes, great stories, insight and then Mariah broke the piano.  Okay, so she didn't really break it, but she definitely injured it temporarily.  When she got through about ten seconds of her talent piece all the black keys on the bottom half of the keyboard were stuck.  In all my years of playing piano, I had never seen anything like it!  It became quite the talent show then, how many people does it take to fix a piano?  Not to worry, we did get it fixed!

Miss Rodeo Nebraska, Becky Grimm

Some of my fans!
With all the adventures of the night and stories from my year as Miss Nebraska and Mariah's wild cheerleading experiences, we had finally made it to the end of the night and crowned the new Miss Chadron and Miss Northwest.  I had such a great time with some of the most wonderful people!  Thank you to the volunteers of the pageant and the directors Marleta and Renae for making it such a great day and night!

The wonderful Miss Nebraska State Fair, Mariah Cook

Thankful,
Kayla
Miss Nebraska

1 comment:

  1. i was 1 of the kids u perfomed 4 at adams i was wondering what the name of the songs were that you sang 4 us i wanted 2 show my mom because i thoght they were cool songs

    ReplyDelete