Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Feeling a little like Superman


You can't tell me that the picture above doesn't get you a little excited, inspired or maybe a little stronger.

Tonight, I'm feeling inspired.  I am feeling ready.  These two months are the push, the drive, and final days until I am welcomed by the warm Nevada air for the Miss America Pageant.  The time I have spent preparing for this is in the back seat and its the future that I look towards.  I have checked many things off my to-do list for wardrobe, preparations, appearances and physical fitness but that doesn't mean I'm done yet.  I will continue to dedicate myself to this job everyday, with more power than the day before.  Sure, I may sound like a wanna-be Superman right now but I'm going to take this opportunity of focus and ambition and hold myself accountable.  Because my actions of one day affect the next and I'm ready to make sure I'm setting the proper example.

I will train like an athlete, sing like a super star, speak like a pro and love endlessly.  I was told once in school not to consider myself as a student, but as a scholar.  I will be the best me I could ever ask for.

I find that every night before bed I get caught up on Pinterest.  Oh don't even tell me that you don't too!  And in the midst of all my fantasy wedding ideas and dream house plans I stumble across some very wise words.  Tonight I ran into this for the second time and rather than overlook it, I decided to jump on here and tell you about it.  When it comes to my everyday I want this, for my workout, my attitude, and my life.

     1.)  I will promise to do my best.  My best will vary from day to day.  From hour to hour.  From minute to         minute.  But in that minute, I will do the very best that I can.
     2.)  Lactic acid is my friend.  The wind is my friend.  Anything that opposes me is actually helping me to become stronger.  If I had no opposition.  I would be weak.
     3.)  If I can run, I run.  If I have to walk.  I walk.  When I am forced to crawl.  I crawl.  And then I rest and live to fight another day.  
     4.)  I fear no man but I fear my workout.  If I don't fear my workout.  It isn't hard enought.
     5.)  I may puke.  I may cry.  But I will not quit.  Ever.
     6.)  I never cheat.  There is no honor in cheating.  What joy can there be in a victory I did not earn?
     7.)  The workout missed is the opportunity missed.  I will not cheat myself of the opportunity to become a better athlete and person.
     8.)  I understand the value of the push-up, the pull-up, the sit-up, the squat, and the deadlift.  Just as there are a million ways to make chicken, so too are there a million ways to squat, sit up, pull up, push up, and deadlift.
     9.)  I will give everything I have.  And then I will find more within myself.
     10.)  I won't complain.  Complaining is for crybabies.  There are 11,232 babies born in the U.S. everyday.  I will leave the crying to them and I will soldier on.
     11.)  I will bite off challenges.  Spit out results.  And beg for more.  What are you going to do?


With every struggle I face and difficulties I cross, I know that I can turn to those closest to me and also my Heavenly Father.  My verse this year and years to come, is James 1:2-4

"Consider it pure JOY, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.  Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." 

In my everyday, I think of this.  I pray for this and I thank God for every breath he has given me and especially for every person he has put in my life.  I can confidently say that no matter what happens in life, in the next two months and on January 14th; God has a plan for me.  And that is quite honestly enough for me.  It won't make me stop fighting for my dreams or goals but in the end He knows where He wants me and if I've learned anything in the last few years, He knows best!

Now that all that is out of my system, I think I will head to bed.  I will leave you with a song that inspires my days and keeps me hoping for the future.


Feeling blessed, inspired, driven and loved,
Kayla
Miss Nebraska 

No comments:

Post a Comment