Sunday, November 13, 2011

Miss Omaha/Douglas County & Outstanding Teen Pageant

Love you I do, Darrell
After my Chicago trip I had the opportunity to spend the weekend with some of my favorite people at the Miss Omaha pageant.  I was Miss Omaha before being crowned Miss Nebraska in June so I have quite a soft spot for all the volunteers!  Friday evening was the judges cocktail dinner at the wonderful Bob Kropp's house and it was such a blast!  It was great getting to know the judges and spend time with the directors and families too!  It was a late night and an early Saturday morning.

My sparkly Brooke :)

My favorite Jenn Curtis!

The day flew by with rehearsals, laughs and catching up and then it was showtime!  I had such a wonderful time emceeing with Brooke and Bob, we had the crowd rolling with laughter quite a few times, maybe even with a few tears :)


The wonderful Nicki Haverland :)
 By the end of the evening and with a few hiccups, we had crowned four wonderful ladies.  Payton Merritt, Miss Omaha's Outstanding Teen and Raeann Bronder, Miss Douglas County's Outstanding Teen and Miss Omaha, Mindy Schreiber and Meghan Thalken, Miss Douglas County!  What a great time you will all have at state!

The winners and Runner Up's

The wonderful Gary Umemoto from Washington!

The fabulous Dot Stewart from Washington too!

Mindy, Marianne and Meghan

My wonderful little sister from last year!
I will return to this pageant years to come because of the wonderful people and amazing volunteers!

Just a former Miss Omaha,
Kayla
Miss Nebraska

No comments:

Post a Comment