Monday, September 19, 2011

Miss Nebraska State Fair/Heartland Pageant


I started this rainy day at the North Platte booth where I signed autographs and took tons of pictures.  This one, is one of my favorites because I can just feel the excitement and joy in these little girls smiles :) especially the one on the left!  I love that I can make people smile like this!


And I had to get my picture with some Nebraska fans too!  I couldn't go without sporting my Husker gear for the first game day of the season.  And I may have been hiding my phone under the table checking updates on Twitter for the rest of the day too!

What an adorable little smile!
After the autograph session I hopped on a golf cart and was dropped off at the Heartland Event Center where I spent the afternoon with all of the contestants.  Kayla, Brooke and I got a little adventurous that day and as we wandered the park indulged in a red velvet funnel cake with cream cheese frosting! (It was sooo good!)  And then after that trip we made our way to a booth and all got feathers in our hair!  Oh the rebels in all of us.  Then it was off to another autograph session, Kayla forgot her cards but I told her she could just sign my name on my cards and it would only be half forgery because we have the same first name!

Signing autographs!
And at 7:30 the pageant began!  I had a great time emceeing with Darrell Drullinger and enjoyed the whole show.  There was some great entertainment and wonderful performances by each of the girls.

Singing some songs :)

Mariah Cook Miss Nebraska State Fair and Kimberly Brennan Miss Heartland
A huge congratulations to Mariah Cook, Miss Nebraska State Fair 2011 and Kimberly Brennan, Miss Heartland 2011!  They will take the stage in June for the title of Miss Nebraska 2012!

All funneled out,
Kayla 
Miss Nebraska

1 comment:

  1. can you define any further Medical Assistant training in Nebraska? I am still in vague about the topic though.

    ReplyDelete