Monday, September 19, 2011

State Fair Opening Ceremonies


Friday August 28th was the opening ceremonies of the Nebraska State Fair, held for the second year in Grand Island, Nebraska.  I met with Kayla Decker, Miss Nebraska State Fair 2010 before the ceremony!
We were placed on the trailer with the dignitaries of the state, Miss America, Teresa Scanlan and Governor Dave Heineman.  After the ceremonies we jumped into some fancy cars and made our way through the park in the parade.  It was a beautiful, hot sweaty evening but there were so many excited visitors that I couldn't help but push that out of my thoughts.  

After the parade we were able to sit down in the VIP area and visit and have some iced water to cool off!  After a while we decided that it was time to continue the drive on to Lincoln!  I said my goodbyes to Kayla and my directors, stopped for my redbull and was off to Lincoln to surprise my best friend Abby at her birthday dinner!

I love my job and I LOVE my friends!

Kayla 
Miss Nebraska 

No comments:

Post a Comment