Sunday, August 14, 2011

Brooke's Sendoff Party

Brooke and I at her sendoff!
Sunday I made my way to North Platte to attend and perform at my little sister's send off party!  I can't believe that Brooke is in Orlando and will begin her competition tomorrow with interview!!! She is such a wonderful girl and will have an amazing experience in Florida.  It's such an awesome thing for me because I am the first Miss Nebraska that was also Miss Nebraska's Outstanding Teen.  I was in Brooke's shoes and know what she's feeling and it makes me even more excited for her journey!  I can't wait to see her Tuesday when I fly into Orlando to see her compete.  I have no doubt that she could be Miss America's Outstanding Teen!  I have seen her beauty on the inside and clearly her beauty on the out and I couldn't be more proud to be her big sister this year as well as her Nebraska's OT sister as well.  It was great to see many familiar faces and be there to support Brooke.

Mama KayKay States

My favorite Drullinger Family 
I had planned on driving back to Lincoln that evening, but changed my mind and luckily dodged a red alert thunderstorm!  Whew!  I don't think little Howie and I can do those anymore, too stressful.

Pumped for Brooke,
Kayla
Miss Nebraska

"We know also that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him who is true. And we are in him who is true by being in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life."  1 John 5:20

No comments:

Post a Comment