Monday, August 1, 2011

2011 Heritage Days Grand Marshal

This sweet thing didn't want to smile :(
I hope you all realize that this isn't the typical reaction I get from most little girls, needless to say there has to be a couple that reject me!  What a welcome home, right! :)  I made my way back to Alliance Monday afternoon and right away Tuesday I was at the radio station doing an interview with Kevin Horn.  I have to throw this in here because of the situation of my home's AC being broken I was so satisfied when I got to the station and was sitting in the temperature of 65 degrees (or so it seemed).  I did experience something interesting though, by the time I got home.  I had condensation.  My body had gotten so freezing that by the time I got home I was still cold on the inside but my outside was just sweating like crazy!  The cool inside didn't last long!

I spent the day preparing for the week and organizing my things and it seemed like only hours and I was at the  fountain for Family Night.  There were wonderful booths set up and down the path, from businesses to food stands.  Of course our booth was set up directly across from the pulled pork sandwich booth.  I didn't have supper before I came out...so...yep, definitely grabbed me a sandwich, potato chips and a cookie before making my way over to the Grand Marshal Ceremonies.  

I was asked by my dear friend, almost brother, Dan Marquez to sing with he and his group before they announced me as the new Grand Marshal.  It was fun to be singing in a group again!

Accepting the honor of being named 2011 Grand Marshall
Upon being announced, I expressed my gratitude and honor that I felt when I found out that I would be the Grand Marshal.  It is a big deal in Alliance and I feel so proud to be a part of it.  And what's a better treat than DQ Dilly Bars afterwards!  I had Butterscotch...mmmm!

With my Granny :)

New fan from Kansas!

Some soccer boys from England!
Day on of being back home was a success.  I am so blessed to be a part of a community that is so wonderful and truly cares about the people in it!

Kayla
Miss Nebraska


“Come now, let us settle the matter,” 
   says the LORD. 
“Though your sins are like scarlet, 
   they shall be as white as snow; 
though they are red as crimson, 
   they shall be like wool."
Isaiah 1:18

No comments:

Post a Comment