Sunday, August 14, 2011

Sunday in the Park:Meet Mileigh Krebs



Sunday in the park brought much more to me than just a performance.  Before I sang, a woman came up to me asking for an autograph for her daughter Mileigh.  I obliged of course and while I was signing it she told me Mileigh was blind.  I really wanted to meet her so I asked if she was there and luckily to me, she was.  Mileigh's mom, Tina, took me to her and when I saw her beautiful curly hair I couldn't help but to love her instantly.  Mileigh's grandma told me that she has optic nerve hypoplasia and was born blind.  She was so excited to meet me and I felt so honored to make her day.  My mother was playing photographer but wasn't with me at the moment so I asked if I could come back after I sang to take some photos.  






While singing, I often looked in Mileigh's direction to see her dancing in the sun to my singing...it was an unforgettable moment and feeling.  After I sang I went back to see her and introduced her to my mom as well and she was able to touch my crown and my earrings and face.  She felt one of my "four points" rhinestones and kept turning my head, she asked me "What is that?"  I told her it was a sparkly stone from my crown, and at that moment she had tears in her eyes.  With the disease she has, she can see a slight reflexion of light from the sun and in that moment she was seeing a glisten from my crown.  


I was so blessed to meet Mileigh that Sunday and will cherish this moment for the rest of my life.  I am humbled by this little girl and her family.  I have recently talked with her mother Tina who told me that Mileigh still talks about me, for that I am so proud.  I am so thrilled that I made an impact in her young life and even more thrilled about the impact she made on mine.  I will cherish this moment and this little angel forever.

Beyond blessed,
Kayla
Miss Nebraska


"Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. Whoever sows to please their flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction; whoever sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life.  Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.  Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers."  Galatians 6:7-10



No comments:

Post a Comment