Monday, August 1, 2011

The GONG SHOW!

My morning started at women's Bible study at my church where I was able to sit in on the lesson and also participate in a prayer circle for my year, my travels and my struggles and accomplishments too.  Those women, and my church, love me and have watched me grow up.  They know what I've been through and how much I've gained from it and I am so thankful to be a part of their family.

I then ran to Alliance Times Herald where I picked up a check for the money that they raised for me in the ads!  Such great supporters I have here at home!  

I had some free time in the afternoon to organize and get more t-shirt orders out, little did I know what I would need to be preparing for with the evening's event!

The judges!

Elton John

Me and my frannn Beau!

Dancin' with Bob!  

A little MC Hammer!

And some Thriller!

Announcing the winner of the $516.32 check!

And the winner is...

This event is best described by the photos above!  We held a first annual Gong Show in Alliance as a replica of the show from back in the day.  That's just it, I'm a little YOUNG to know what this was all about.  Not to worry, as I had quite a taste of the show and am already planning my act for next year!

Thrilled for next year already!
Kayla
Miss Nebraska

"Blessed are those whose ways are blameless, 
   who walk according to the law of the LORD. 
2 Blessed are those who keep his statutes 
   and seek him with all their heart— 
3 they do no wrong 
   but follow his ways."

Psalms 119:1-3

No comments:

Post a Comment