Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Wednesday at MAOT!

As I mentioned in Tuesday's blog, I was very tired and knowing I may not get the opportunity again, Amy and I chose not to set an alarm and I may have slept until 10:30 or so...oops.  It felt sooo good!  After finally dragging myself out of bed and getting ready we went down to the trade show and then headed for lunch!  From lunch it was right to rehearsal where I read over my script and made sure I was pronouncing all the names correctly and then it was off to the hotel to start the beautifying process all over again.

Miss MN and Miss ND, Co-hosts for the evening!
I had such a great time co-hosing the pageant that evening and loved the fact that I got to see Brooke before she went on stage each night.  Tonight though, Brooke came up to me (probably my best experience the whole trip) and said, "Kayla, will you pray with me?"  I was so pleased and so happy to do this with Brooke.  I love that she turned to me to guide her prayers.  And in the past week I have heard Brooke speak of her faith and the new dedication to it several times.  It makes me so proud to know that I've had a part in that and can be an example to her through my own life.



Miss HI, Miss WV, Miss VT and Miss NE
Blessed and proud of my little sister, 
Kayla 
Miss Nebraska

"Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.  I will say of the LORD, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.”  Surely he will save you from the fowler’s snare and from the deadly pestilence.  He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.  You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day, nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness, nor the plague that destroys at midday.  A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand,but it will not come near you."  Psalms 91:1-7

No comments:

Post a Comment