Sunday, August 14, 2011

Miss America Lottery

Although this wasn't an event I had to be dressed up for, or travel to, I still consider it an event.  This Tuesday at 4pm Central Time, I sat with my computer sweating bullets and hyperventilating slighty, awaiting the first pick of the states to begin the lottery.  Before it started, Joel asked me, "If you're first, where do you want to be?"  I immediately answered, "Mu 6."  He asked me why and I didn't know why, I just thought, if I were to be first, that's what I wanted.  Turns out I wasn't first but thirty-first and out of the ten slots I had chosen originally, four of them were still open.  My first choice was Mu 6 and when my name came up Mu 6 was still available and I filled it.

I am so happy with my choice!  I will be doing my personal interview with the judges Monday, January 9th, on-stage questions Tuesday, January 10th, evening gown and swimsuit Wednesday, January 11th, and talent Thursday, January 12th.  Then finals will take place that Saturday the 14th live on ABC!  Another great thing about the Mu group is that I have three of my Sweethearts in there with me as well as my MAOT sister from Georgia!  Great friends connect again :)

Some of this is still feeling surreal to me and that only excites me more!  You can check out the entire order of competition by clicking on the link below.

Miss America Lottery Selection

Now after catching up with my last, I don't know, ten blogs, I need to continue packing for Miss America's Outstanding Teen Pageant!  I leave tomorrow night from Lincoln and fly out Tuesday morning.  It will be so long Lincoln, hello Florida!

Anxious to meet my Miss America Class of 2012!
Kayla
Miss Nebraska



"Then Jesus said to his host, “When you give a luncheon or dinner, do not invite your friends, your brothers or sisters, your relatives, or your rich neighbors; if you do, they may invite you back and so you will be repaid.  But when you give a banquet, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind, and you will be blessed. Although they cannot repay you, you will be repaid at the resurrection of the righteous.”  Luke 14:12-14

No comments:

Post a Comment